Wednesday, November 26, 2014
Monday, September 1, 2014
Friday, May 2, 2014
No matter what your personal style is, there are certain pieces that every girl should own in her closet. One of those pieces a Denim Jacket. They are very accessible and can be found at any price range, at many different washes. They can also be worn in any season and are a great piece to make any outfit casual cool. The outfit combinations are effortless and plenty. Below I created 3 super easy, super cute way to wear a Denim jacket.
For my first outfit idea I paired black skinny jeans with a lace polka dot blouse with a denim jacket thrown over. This look is for those in-between days where it sunny but a still a bit chilly. So I paired the outfit with tall riding boots ( ankle boots for be good as well ) a classic watch, summer hat, and shades to shield your pretty eyes from the sun.
The second option is probably the easiest and my favorite way to wear a denim jacket. All there is to it is a nice summer dress, and it is a perfect option to wear during warmer days. I accessorized this look with simple rose stud earrings, cute wedges and a matching tote to keep a summer look.
Another easy outfit combination that can be used during warmer months is a tee and skirt combo. I love this outfit for a outside music festival or even for any outside outing. Some cute strappy sandal, and fringed side purse with round sunglasses would complete this stylish combo.
Where to Buy a Denim Jacket:
Like I said before you can buy a denim jacket at any store and at any price range. Below are my favorite stores to find a them and my favorite picks:
4. Thrift Stores
Do you have a denim jacket? If so what are your favorite ways to wear it? I would love to know your way of wearing this classic staple.
Thursday, April 10, 2014
Life can get pretty busy, and when it does we have temptations to "let ourselves go" because we are either too busy or too tired to put a decent outfit together. Which is why I believe we should always have a few easy outfit combinations on hand for those days that we don't have the time to think about our outfits.
Outfit Combination 1: Preppy Chic ( Button Blouse+Printed Tank+Black Skater Skirt+Black Riding Boots)
The first easy outfit combinations is a simple button up blouse, printed tank top, solid skater skirt and tall riding boots. Very preppy and very easy. Besides chances are you might have these in your closet already and if you do not you can easily substitutes the clothes for something else and still look amazing.
Outfit Combination 2: Relaxed and Trendy ( Kimono Jacket+Plain Tee+Jeans+Scalloped Flats)
Kimono jackets are chic and in right now. Also they are so easy to style! You can make them dressy or casual. For this look I chose a more casual look. I chose a plain tee and dark blue jeans. With the kimono jacket over it. There are a few ways to wear a kimono jacket. For this look I belted the jacket at the waist to give me some waist definition, however the choice is up to you.
Outfit Combination 3: Ready For Spring (Spring Dress +Denim Jacket+Scalloped Flats)
Another easy outfit combination is a dress. This takes so effort whatsoever, all you have to do is put on your favorite day dress and wear a jean jacket over it. This outfit also makes it perfect for these warmer months we will be having.
What other easy outfit combinations do you have? I would like to hear more options and ideas from you all.
Monday, April 7, 2014
I Went Shopping: March Edition. by mayrabarragan featuring LC Lauren Conrad
March is my birthday month so naturally I have received money, gift cards, and discounts in honor of my birthday. So with that money I was able to buy a few things for my always expanding wardrobe.
1. Elle Denim Jacket $20
- Every girl needs a jean jacket in their closet. It is a classic piece that can work with any season. I would always ask my older sister to borrow her jean jacket because it is good quality and it has a worn in quality that I liked. But after taking her advice I decided to buy one for myself. So I bought a Elle Denim jacket from Kohl's in a medium wash, that is more versatile for my closet.
2. Baby Blue Lace Fit and Flare Dress $24:
- I love lace and I love pastel colors. So when I saw this baby blue lace fit and flare dress I snatched it up. It reminds me of Alice in Wonderland, and it makes a great Easter dress. I bought it at Target, which always has super cute clothes and accessories. I love getting my skinny belts from there also.
3. LC Lauren Conrad Lace Crepe Top $10
- Another Kohl's buy. This time I just got a simple feminine ivory blouse with a key hole back and lace sleeves. I like ivory, white, and black tops that complete outfits. I like wearing this top with high waist skirts or jeans. It is a great staple piece.
4. LC Lauren Conrad Bow Smoking Slippers $19.00
- So let me be honest about these shoes. My actually bought these shoes for herself but she thought they were too young for her so she just passed it on to me. These are so cute that I can barely stand it. Smoking slippers are very masculine but with the bows it gives it a femininity touch and they are so comfortable and on trend right now.
5. Vintage 1973 Avon Porcelain Locket $10
- Out of everything I bought this month, this has been my favorite! It is a 1973 gold porcelain locket. My first ever vintage find! I even have it in a special place in my jewelry armoire. This is a piece of jewelry that I will want to pass on to my daughters if I ever have any.
Sunday, April 6, 2014
Sunday Outfit by mayrabarragan featuring a bead bracelet
In my family- Sunday is family day, and the day is usually the same routine. So I try to be as casual as I can be; but still look good. So for this Sunday I wore . . .
- Denim Jacket
- Black Lace Top
- Coral Skater Skirt
- Floral Lace Tights
- Black Flats
- Matching Coral Earrings ad Bracelet Set
|Just another Sunday . . .|
Friday, March 21, 2014
One Skirt 3 Ways: Maxi Skirt by mayrabarragan featuring a flower necklace
A few months ago I bought this LC Lauren Conrad Pink Tulle Skirt at my local Kohl's and ever since then I have loved it! I love maxi skirt but becaouse I am short (5'4) and plus size I never thought I could wear them so I avoided them. But when I saw think muted pink skirt I fell in love with it and I decided to give it a try. Now my rule when buying any item of clothing is that if you don't have at least 3 ways of wearing it then it is not worth the buy, of course there are exceptions but I follow this rule most often. That is the best way to get the most out of your closet. So after I went to the store and tried on and liked how it looked I decided to buy it.
Above I made a set of the 3 ways that I wear my Pink Tulle Maxi Skirt . . .
- Casual: I wear it with a white v-neck tee, distress jean jacket, black sandals, as for accessories I wear my pastel pink/green/ivory skull bracelets with some gold ball earrings and my Black Ray-Bans.
- Sweet: For my Sweet look I paired the skirt with a beige woven blouse that has ruffle detailed bib, nude scalloped edge flats, and for accessories I wear pale pink flower earrings with a matching gold long pale pink necklace and a multi strand bracelet with small pearls.
- Romantic: Finally for my romantic look I wore my black lace crew neck top, black flats and as for accessories I went simple and wore pearl stud earrings with a pearl bracelet and I wore a pink rose crown on my head.
These are just a few ways that I wear my maxi skirt. I am so glad that I ended up buying this skirt. It reminds me a bit of a grown up ballerina. It is so sweet and feminine.