Monday, December 19, 2011

Dear Santa Tag. . .




Hey everyone! Christmas is now a week away and I'm so positively excited for it! Christmas has always been one my most favorite times in the year and not just because I get presents, but because everything is so jolly and there are pretty decorations all around me that makes me feel like I'm a little girl again. So in honor of this week I'll be writing Christmas related posts all week. Starting with a Dear Santa Tag that I got from Char 

Dear Santa . . .
Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? 
Hot Chocolate. Especially Peppermint Hot Chocolate Yummy! But I also love Egg Nog.
 
Does Santa wrap presents or just puts them under the tree?
Santa wraps the presents, and he wouldn't have it any other way.
 
Colored or white lights on tree/house? 
We actually use both! My tree has colored lights and the house has both white and colored lights.
 
Do you hang mistletoe?
Nope =-(
 
When do you put your decorations up?
I put them up on Thanksgiving weekend or by the first week in December.
 
What is your favourite holiday dish?
My favorite holiday dish are Tamales! A Mexican dish of seasoned meat wrapped in cornmeal dough and steamed or baked in corn husks. My mom makes the best ones in the world!
 
Favorite holiday memory? 
Wow there are so many to choose from! But once when me and my family were opening presents I heard a knock on our front door and as I went to open the door there was a brand new bicycle waiting for me. "Santa" dropped it off for me <3
 
Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve?
In my culture we actually have dinner on Christmas eve and open our presents on midnight (December 25)
 
How do you decorate your Christmas Tree?
Well this year we put colored lights, green, red, and silver ornaments in different shapes and sizes that have glitter, sparkly silver ribbon going around the tree till it reaches the top. With a oversize bow as a tree topper.
 
Snow! Love it or dread it? 
I have not been around snow long enough to know if I love it or dread it. But I did have a white Christmas once when we went to the mountains and I loved it.
 
Can you ice skate? 
Not at all! I'm so clumsy that I can't hardly maintain my balance ha ha
 
Do you remember your favorite gift? 
Wow! another hard question to answer. Maybe my first Ipod Nano when I was 15, It was the best!
 
What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? 
Spending it with my family and enjoying each other company.
 
What's your favourite holiday dessert? 
My homemade cookies!! I make some every year <3
 
What is your favourite holiday tradition?
My favorite holiday tradition is putting baby Jesus down on his manger on our nativity set on midnight (December 25)
 
What tops your tree? 
A big oversize sparkly silver bow.
 
Which do you prefer: giving or receiving?
Honestly both. I like receiving but I also love giving! Especially when I'm giving them a present I know they will love.
 
Candy canes... yuck or yum!?
So yummy! If they aren't decorating my Christmas tree they are being smashed to be put on my Hot Chocolate.
 
Favorite Christmas show?
I don't know if I have one? I love watching all the old school holiday cartoons they pass on ABC family.
 
Saddest Christmas Song
Blue Christmas by Elvis. It makes me think of all those people or no longer in my life, especially my grandma.

Now I am tagging all of you! So If you are reading this then TAG you are IT!
 

1 comment:

  1. Fun tag. I'm totally hot chocolate over eggnog too. WOw. Tamales. Never had them during Christmas before but they sure sound good. We are getting a duck, because Chinese people celebrate with ducks.

    http://www.thegirlieblog.com

    ReplyDelete

Thank You For Making Me Smile

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...