Tuesday, February 14, 2012

How To: Clean Your Makeup Brushes






          I'm sure you all know the importance of cleaning your makeup brushes, and if you didn't know then let me tell you IT IS IMPORTANT. If you do do not clean your brushes you run the risk of getting a infection from the bacteria your brushes may spread- so make sure you are cleaning your brushes at least once a week.

         There are multiple ways to clean makeup brushes- such as using a makeup brush shampoo. But you can also use baby shampoo which is the way I clean my brushes and the way I will be showing you how to clean your brushes.

Things Needed:

  • Baby Shampoo 
  • Bowl filled with water
  • Paper towel
  • Makeup Brushes
  1. Filled your bowl with luke warm water; place 2 open towels next to the bowl you will be cleaning your brushes in.
  2. Add a medium amount of baby shampoo to the palm of your hand.
  3. Grab one of your brushes and swirl it in the the shampoo.
  4. Dip only the bristles of your brush into the water; swirl the brush into the water until you see no more shampoo on your brush. *It is very important not to get the metal part of your brushes wet, this will cause the bristles to loosen and could eventually fall off*
  5. Get the brush and stroke it back and forth on the paper towels.
  6. Lay them out to dry and repeat with every brush you use.

Lay them down to dry for a day or so, and do not use until they are completely dry. Because I do not wear makeup on Sundays I like to wash my makeup brushes Saturday night or evening when I am done putting my makeup. Your makeup brushes can last you a very long time if you care for them properly so show some love to your makeup brushes.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank You For Making Me Smile

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...