I know what you are thinking- shopping tips? really? don't you just see what you like and buy it? Well believe it or not, just like everything else in life there is a strategy for shopping. If you are not careful you may walk out out of the mall with a few unnecessary purchases that you will leave you full of regret or completely broke! My mom not only passed on to me her good taste and style, she also thought me how to shop and get my moneys worth. And I am here today to pass along some very helpful tips to help you become a smarter shopper.
- Make a Budget: To prevent overspending make a budget for yourself. Determine how much you are willing to spend on clothes and how much you will spend on food. If you have a card with you and you have reached your shopping limit give your card to a friend so that way you wont spend more money.
- Look Around Before Committing: Unless you are already absolutely sure of what you will be getting I suggest to first look around the mall or stores you are interested in before buying something. So that way you will be sure of what you want to buy.
- Look at Sales: The best way to save more money and make your budget last longer is to check out the sales rack. I am constantly going to the sales rack and search for pieces that will make great additions to my wardrobe.
- Research: The day before you go shopping do some research on which of your favorite stores are having sales so that way you will know if they have something you are looking for.
- Don't Have Your Size? Buy It Online: If you see something you like but they don't have it on stock, don't be afraid to buy it online. Try on another item that is your size to make sure that stores size fits you ( sizes vary in stores) and once you find your size go online and buy the item you want.
- Not Sure If You Want Something? Leave It and Then Come Back: Like something but not sure if it is for you, leave it and go on to other stores. If by the end of your shopping trip you are still thinking about that item then you should go back and buy it. If when you get home and discovered you did not need it after all then don't be afraid to return it.
- Do Not Buy Anything Unless You Have At Least 3 Outfits That Will Go With It: To prevent buying something that you will only use once, make sure you can make at least 3 outfits with your item.
- Shoe Shop Till The End: The best time to shoe shop is at the end of your shopping trip. The reason for this is because your feet are swollen from all the walking you have done, this way you will have an idea how the shoe will fit and feel after you have walked for a while.