Unless you have been under a rock for the past three years, chances are that you have heard about the wildly popular show "Vampire Diaries" a show based on L.J Smith's book series of the same name. But just in case you have not heard of it or just haven't read the books or seen the series let me give you a little summary.
Vampire Diaries is about the life of a teenage girl named Elena who unknowingly falls in love with Stefan Salvatore, a 162 year old vampire who also loves her unconditionally. But soon Stefan malicious older (and HOT) brother arrives to town and makes things for complicated. Soon Elena find herself caught in the middle of a supernatural world that she had no idea ever existed, and between the two Salvatore brothers. . .
Elena Gilbert Style:
Although being the protagonist of the show and series, Elena's style is all about casual wardrobe classics. She does not fuss over looking prim and proper all the time. She is all about looking relax and comfortable whether she is hanging out with her friends and boyfriend or running from vampires, Elena always looks put together without overdoing it.
Elena Gilbert Basics:
As stated before Elena's style is very casual. So her basics consist of items that are pretty much in every girls closet, which makes this look easily attainable.
- Tank tops
- Leather Jackets
Elena Gilbert Beauty:
Just like Elena's wardrobe her beauty regime is just as simple and low maintenance. She has the prettiest straight long hair so she rocks it by just wearing it down all the time. With her natural beauty and flawless skin she does not need any makeup. But if you are one of those people like me who cant go with at least some foundation on I have a few makeup tips to help you achieve that natural beauty look.
- Foundation: If you have uneven skin or acne scars like me. This is defiantly a must to help you create a flawless face. *If you have oily skin, don't forget to add some pressed powder afterwards*
- Curl Eyelashes: After putting you eyelash curler under a blow dryer for 10 seconds, curl your eyelashes 3 times (Once at the root of your eyelashes, once in the middle of your eyelashes, and once at the tip of your eyelashes.) and hold for 15 seconds while doing it.
- Mascara: Add 3 coats of your favorite mascara to your top and bottom lashes. *Don't forget to zig-zag as you put on your mascara to prevent clumping*
- Blush: This really is not necessary but if you love putting on blush like I do then go for a chestnut rose color. * Like this one from Clinique in Chestnut *
- Lip Gloss: Add a nude, clear, or light pink lip gloss to your lips.
I hope you girls enjoyed this little post on Elena Gilbert style and let me know if you guys would like to see more post like these where I talk about the style of popular t.v show characters. And remember that in the end it all is about confidence and Elena has tons of it. So as long as you are comfortable in your own skin and sure of your self. You can never go wrong.