Sunday, November 27, 2011

Recipe: Homemade Chicken Noodle Soup

Hi girls! I'm a pretty decent cook so I wanted to share with you a quick and easy chicken noodle soup that my mom showed me that I love to do during cold weather whenever we have leftover chicken. Because Thanksgiving was this past Thursday we have tons of turkey leftover so I wanted to make some soup for my family today and I wanted to share it with you girls.
Ingredients:
  • 8 Cups of Chicken Broth 
  • 7 Stalks of Celery
  • 5 Carrots
  • 1 Bag of Egg Noodle Pasta (Or which ever pasta you prefer)
  • Mrs. Dash Original Blend Spice
  • 1 Cup of boneless Chicken or Turkey Breast Diced in Bite Sized pieces.
Preparation:

1. Boil your chicken broth in a big pot. If you do not have chicken broth you can just add 1 teaspoons of chicken bouillon to each cup of water you are using ( in this case you will be using 8 teaspoons of chicken bouillon, one teaspoon for every cup of water) You can also add the chicken bouillon by taste, which is what I do.

2. While your chicken broth is coming to a boil, chop up your celery, carrot, and chicken. Trim your celery stalks and dice them diagonally, I like to leave a few leafs of the celery stalk to add to the soup. Peel your carrots and cut them in circles. Get your chicken or turkey breast and cut them in bite sized squares. 

    
3. Once the chicken broth has already come to a boil add your vegetables and chicken/turkey into the pot and wait 10-15 minutes till you put in your noodle pasta, I used bow-tie pasta because I love bows haha. While the pasta and vegetables are cooking you can add a palm size of Mrs.Dash Original Blend Spice. If you do not have any of Mrs.Dash Original Blend Spice you can use black pepper, garlic, and parsley. Although in my opinion I think Mrs.Dash gives it the best flavor.


4. After you added all your ingredients to the pot all you have to do is wait for the vegetables and pasta to be tender. It may take somewhere between 20-30 minutes, depending on how high or low you have it cooking.


Yummm!! I like to eat my soup with a squeeze of lemon juice and hot sauce. 
 And Voila! In just 4 steps you have made yourself a delicious soup to warm you up on those cold winter days. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Thank You For Making Me Smile

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...